The intent of the CAPS Internship Program is to provide students with the opportunity to gain real-world, hands-on work experience in professional work environments that relate to their academic and career interests and prepare them for high demand/high school careers. The internship program is also designed to provide CAPS business partners an opportunity to guide and evaluate future talent.
There are many benefits to working in an internship opportunity. Research shows that seven (7) out of ten (10 internships turn into full-time jobs with the same company where students interned. Additional benefits for the student includes:
- Gain industry knowledge and explore career options in field of interest.
- Strengthen knowledge of the job search process including developing a resume, cover letter, LinkedIN profile, networking and interview skills.
- Enhance professional skills necessary for success in the workplace.
- Make valuable contacts and grow professional network.
Interns can benefit employers in the following ways:
- Build a pipeline of candidates, decreasing recruitment costs.
- Act as advocates in recruiting other high school and college students.
- Offer new perspectives and innovative ideas.
- Assist employees with new technology.
- Quickly move into part-time or full-time positions.
Companies interested in hosting interns through this program should contact Cheryl Graber at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 636-443-4020.